By Jeffrey B. Graham
Each bankruptcy presents a old history, information the current prestige of data within the box, and defines the questions wanting cognizance in destiny study. completely referenced, containing greater than 1,000 citations, and good documented with figures and tables, Air-Breathing Fishes is entire in its assurance and should definitely have broad allure. Researchers in vertebrate biology, paleontology, ichthyology, vertebrate evolution, common heritage, comparative body structure, anatomy and lots of different fields will locate anything new and fascinating in Air-Breathing Fishes.
- Offers a whole assessment of an enormous and immensely attention-grabbing sector of research
- Provides a viewpoint of air-breathing fish that spans three hundred million years of vertebrate evolution
- Contains quite a few illustrations in addition to complete charts
- Provides a synoptic remedy of all of the identified air-breathing species with very important info on their morphological and physiological adaptations
Read Online or Download Air-Breathing Fishes: Evolution, Diversity, and Adaptation PDF
Best marine biology books
Pioneered within the overdue Nineteen Eighties, the concept that of macroecology—a framework for learning ecological groups with a spotlight on styles and processes—revolutionized the sector. even though this procedure has been utilized generally to terrestrial ecosystems, there's expanding curiosity in quantifying macroecological styles within the sea and realizing the approaches that generate them.
Edited in collaboration with TEN ECOPORT undertaking, this quantity includes the complaints of the first overseas convention on ‘Sustainable improvement of the Sea-corridors and Coastal Waters’. The ebook highlights the advances of environmental toxins administration on ports and coastal zones. specific awareness is given to water caliber, matters that difficulty the marine setting of sea corridors and coastal waters, particularly in areas surrounding ports.
Surroundings research and ecological modelling is a speedily constructing interdisciplinary department of technological know-how utilized in theoretical advancements in ecology and having useful functions in environmental security. during this booklet, the authors introduce new holistic, relatively cybernetic, thoughts into surroundings idea and modelling, and supply a concise remedy of mathematical modelling of freshwater ecosystems which covers equipment, subsystem versions, purposes and theoretical advancements.
What occurs whilst the oceans are emptied of all their fish? What occurs whilst 300 years of human wisdom and services disappear prior to the onslaught of the technology-driven global? The Doryman’s mirrored image is just the main actual and eloquent account of what transpired within the New England fisheries during the last part century, as informed by way of the folks who lived it, together with writer Paul Molyneaux.
- Marine Ecology: Processes, Systems, and Impacts
- Artificial Habitats for Marine and Freshwater Fisheries
- Water Resource Economics: Towards a Sustainable Use of Water for Irrigation in India
- Molecular Evolution and Population Genetics for Marine Biologists
- Waters in Peril
- The Physiology of Fishes, Fourth Edition (CRC Marine Biology Series)
Additional info for Air-Breathing Fishes: Evolution, Diversity, and Adaptation